Virtual Organizing & Interior Design
How does virtual organizing work?
The overall process I take you through in a design or organizing project is the same as what I do in person. The overall process and the results you see are the same, but I won’t be coming to your home. That means:
- You’ll need to have a mobile device with a camera to show me your home on our call.
- You’ll need to be able to send me accurate measurements of your room and furnishings. A 25’ tape measure and someone to hold the other end is all you need!
- You’ll need to do the physical part of organizing projects, like pitching what you don’t need and moving items from one place to another.
How can you organize if you’re not here?
For organizing projects, I’ll be with you every step of the way to help you with the hardest part - liberating items you can’t seem to part with! You’ll need to be okay with doing the physical labor of moving things around.
How can you design without seeing my home?
As an interior architect in corporate America for 30 years, I was trained in how to design spaces using only a floor plan and measurements. I use color, finish, and furniture samples to make sure we’re on the same page about every last detail I’m designing for you.
How much does it cost?
I start every project with a one-hour consultation for $165.
After that call, my hourly rate is $145. Future consultations are based upon your goals, your budget and your requests.
Here’s what we’ll discuss in that one-hour call:
- How you want your dream home to look, feel and function
- The start of a plan for achieving your goals
- What furniture you already own and what you would like to include in your redesign
- Big-picture color and style preferences
- What you’re responsible for: photos, measurements of the room and existing furniture.
Working with Gwen virtually on my organizing and interior design project gave me more confidence - personally and professionally. She helped me create an organized, beautiful space that feels cohesive. Her talent for blending color, furniture & decor into a wonderful healing harmony is like alchemy for my home!
— Catherine D.
Meeting with Gwen virtually was surprisingly easy and effective. I needed a beautiful guest room that could also be used as my office. In our Zoom call she got a sense of the room size and restrictions, my color palette, storage needs and immediately grasped the goals I had for the room. In addition to interior design concepts, Gwen gave me ideas on how to organize my office supplies so the room didn’t scream "office." After our Zoom call she created a 3 dimensional drawing that made my room come alive. Her positive and energetic attitude made the process fun! I could never have created such a beautiful guest room/office on my own.
— Claudia V.