I couldn’t close my sock drawer last week. It was just too stuffed! Do you have difficulty “releasing” socks, too? (Why is it so difficult to throw them out?!)
Being the organizer I am, I decided it was time for some SILLY SOCK SUMS.
Here’s how to calculate the ideal number of socks for your drawer:
- How often do you do laundry? (Every 7 days? Every 30?)
- How many pairs of socks do you wear in that period?
- Add 2 more.
- That’s how many pairs of socks you need in your drawer!
Here’s what to do with the extras:
- Get rid of the faded, unmatched, thin and out-of-shape socks. (That’s a no-brainer!)
- Donate socks sitting in your drawer that you just don’t wear. Feel better knowing they’ll be worn by someone who really needs them.
Good news: You can apply this to other drawer-cluttering items like t-shirts, underwear, etc.