If you’re on the fence about whether this whole organizing thing is right for you, I’ve got a couple of resources for you. The first is a recent article in the New York Times called “What Professional Organizers Really Do, and How They Can Help You.” The second is a list of questions developed by the National Association of Professional Organizers. You should ask ANY organizer these questions before you begin working with them. I’ve tried to answer a lot of these on my website, but always feel free to ask when we talk!
If you’re debating whether I’m the right fit for you, here are a few of the things that set me apart from other organizers:
- I combine interior design concepts with organizing. I was an interior architect for many years, a background most professional organizers do not have. The benefit is that I can guarantee you that your home can be organized in a beautiful way!
- I will never make you feel ashamed of your situation. My first reaction to a home is solution-oriented. I don’t judge; I’ve seen it all! Everything from pets in the freezer to boxes piled so high I couldn’t see over them.
- I want to know your vision for your home before jumping into your organizing project. I ask a lot of questions and I listen.
- I’ve developed a simple and effective method for getting rid of things you don’t want or need. If you sign up for my tips newsletter (it comes to your inbox twice a month), you can get 3 Steps to Freedom From Your Stuff, my organizing freebie that you can use to get started today.
- I help you find the right solution for YOU. I have a method, but I don’t create a one-size-fits-all solution. We brainstorm ideas that fit your lifestyle.
Still have questions? Let’s talk!