You know a move manager would help, but it’s an expense and you’re not sure if it’s justified. After all, you’ve moved before and survived, right? After managing hundreds of moves, I’ve found 5 indicators that a move manager will be an investment that pays you back in time, energy, and sanity:
- You get panicked thinking about all the stuff you have to pack. The thought of buying boxes, filling them up and then emptying them makes your stomach hurt.
- You don’t know what mover to trust. You’ve heard horror stories about people being ripped off and movers delivering broken belongings. You want reassurance you’ll get a good mover and an extra pair of eyes to make sure everything is done right.
- It is simply impossible to add a major project like moving into your crazy-busy life right now.
- If you have to go through every item you (or your parents) have accumulated over the last 40+ years before letting it go or packing it up, you might explode.
- You don’t know if your current furniture and artwork will fit into your new home so you’re planning on packing it all up and deciding what to get rid of after you move.
Moving is a major disruption. My goal is to make decisions easier, make your stuff feel less overwhelming, and help you begin again in a place you want to come home to! As a senior move specialist, I work with people who are downsizing after years of living in one place and their adult children who are assisting them. Find some specific move tips to make downsizing easier.