When your life changes significantly, what you need out of your home does too. A new baby needs a host of baby items (where will it all go?!), a blended household requires negotiation and re-thinking, growing children acquire their own things and suddenly the space that worked before, doesn’t! There are dozens of obvious benefits to having a designer provide perspective, resources, and expertise. But here are some of the extra, ‘hidden’ benefits my clients are delighted to receive:
- Designer discounts. I receive a range of discounts from vendors from 10% off to 50% off. Unlike most interior designers, when I receive a discount, you receive a discount. You see the receipts, so you know exactly what you’re being charged. This is not a typical practice in the interior design industry. Many designers receive a discount from vendors and then add 20%-40% to the price they receive.
- Assurance your new furniture will fit. Don’t get stuck with a piece you don’t like or have to return. Get a quick tutorial on my first step in this process.
- Vetted resources. San Francisco is expensive. I’ve already found high quality and reasonably-priced resources for related goods and services, like handymen/handywomen, electricians, moving companies, lighting, area rugs, flooring, and plumbing fixtures.
- Better storage. As a professional organizer, finding creative storage opportunities is one of my specialties. When you sign up for my newsletter, you’ll get a free copy of “3 Steps to Freedom from Your Stuff.” Follow those steps and you may not need that storage unit after all!
- The Power of Illusion! I work every day in a city where space is at a premium. I bring a host of ideas for making homes look and feel larger than they are. See a few more of these ideas in this post on designer tips.
If you’ve never worked with a designer before, it may feel mysterious – like you don’t know what to expect. See the steps I take with my clients here, and read about how I worked with one family of five moving into a new home.
I hope this gives you an idea of what you can expect working with me to create a home you love. Find out a little more about recent projects in my portfolio and case studies. Or see how I can help you organize, design and move.